I have found that one of my favorite things to do is take screen shots. I am looking at my desktop and noticed that the screen shots are now literring my desktop and it's time to clean house. Before I delete them, I thought I'd share some here that I've captured to either share with friends or humor myself.
1. A cartoon swiped from Pinterest since it was the year I graduated high school and I pretty much feel like this:
2. A Buttermilk Spice Cake recipe taken from an old newsletter from Maranatha's MOMS of All Seasons. We have started a very similar ministry here at our church in Ohio and while I was looking for good recipes, I spied this one and made it. Here's the problem- it has 32 ingredients (or 18, about the same) and was a double layer cake. When I tried to bake it last month for practice- I overbaked it and it was chewy. But the idea of it is so good that I will likely revisit it.
3. I have been apart of a photo challenge group the past two months and in my desire to check this list quickly, I've had to screen shot this plan in three places of my life. I *almost* kept up in January (it's a private group on FB so let me know if you want in) and have high hopes to plan better for February.
4. In the photography challenge, we've talked a little bit about proper exposure so I shared this exposure line when discussing the indicator line at (0):
I know that's a little YAWN you just did, but it makes sense in context, I promise.
5. My friend Kim made this super cute witch's hat door decoration for her front door around Halloween. I probably won't delete this as *I* have high hopes to adorn one to my front door this year!
6. A collection of district emails sent to let me know school was cancelled. This was all in the same week mind you... the day after the MLK holiday.
7. I spied this super cute "P" for two Purdue fans in my life. I forgot to send it to them in the fall... So Susan and Heather, this one's for you two sweet Boilermakers:
8. I like to taunt my Carol about her candy crushing habit:
9. (from my FB wall) I saw that the camo glitter slippers I've been crushing on at Tarzhay were on SALE for $9.98. And so I began digging through THREE CARTS to find a size 9. These carts were OVERflowing. Ridiculous amounts of slippers at my fingertips... At some point I wondered if someone was watching me on their video feed at how I was hunting, digging and placing said slippers on the ground and shelves and replacing them looking for ONE SIZE 9 in camo glitter.
So I settled on the cheetah ones that were my size and as I walked away, spying a 4th untouched cart, the saleslady says to me, "Oh those have to go in the back. They were marked down incorrectly. ALL FOUR CARTS!"
And now I am the laughingstock of Target video feed. SMH.
In a very fun twist of events, my friend Vicki was following my littel post there and wound up getting them at discount with her RED card and no shipping, WOOT! Feeling lucky to be connected to such sweet friends that care about my shoe obsession! Thank you, VIcki :)