1. So much weighing on my heart lately... and look it's Tuesday. So boom. I'm posting.
2. Are you up to date with current news events? They are breaking my heart. Breaking me down to tears, where I am lead to just pray for protection and miracles to be happening in Iraq, Israel, Sierra Leone, etc. This is a beautiful blog post that my friend shared today that I recommend reading. Candace, the blogger, says so many things that my heart has been wrestling with this last week. I encourage you also to join in prayer for those affected by the heartbreaking situations around the world.
3. I took three courses this summer for my masters. The way that you submit your final project is kind of tricky, and as it turns out, it did not upload correctly. Imagine this: Last Tuesday, I'm on the beach in sunny Florida when I receive a phone call from my professor to let me know that I didn't submit my final project and ohmygoodness, grades are DUE TOMORROW. So I received an incomplete until I could get back home on Sunday to try again. I was not successful until about 11PM last night.
4. Oh yes! We went on vacation to Florida last week. 12.5 hours in a car both ways is not ideal, but I certainly enjoyed my toes in the sand for a few days. My girls' little faces were blasted with sun and now Sarah is recovering with some peeling. On the final morning, realizing I hadn't had one picture of our entire family at the beach, we went down to the shore and a passerby offered to take a photo for us- but she wanted us to do this:
5. I am running three races in September and I am praying my knee will hold up. I ran 7 miles yesterday, the longest I've run since June 2013 when I had a hip injury. It has been SO NICE to run regularly, though. So nice.
6. I keep trying to take the girls to the pool, but it's either too chilly, or too rainy, or we are busy. I feel like we just can't find a rhythm with that.
7. School starts in two weeks for the girls- I keep wondering where this summer went! They used to drag by when they were little.
8. Sarah tried out and was selected to join Show Choir for her new middle school this year. She is over-the- moon excited and is spending her days at camp this week. She loves it! So proud of her for stepping out and trying out for something she loves!
9. Costco is coming to our area this fall! You know how some people get excited for Trader Joe's and Ikeas? Our excitement is over Costco. We can't wait to buy their double-ply toilet paper on a regualr basis. :)
10. News of Robin Williams' death popped up on my CNN report yesterday. I was shocked, saddened, and generally upset by this news. Afterall, he's been a comedian and actor my entire life- actually, I have no memory without him in my growing up years. I am thankful for his talent that he shared and when I think about him, I decided we are all the better to be recipients of the smiles and laughter he helped create. And that's how I'll remember him. Thank you, Mr. Williams.